BIG NEWS: Iowa’s Roe v. Wade to be challenged in court Feb. 23
For nearly 50 years, the U.S. Supreme Court decision Roe v. Wade has been the nation’s biggest barrier to protecting and defending the lives of unborn children.
In Iowa, the biggest barrier to protecting innocent babies’ lives is the 2018 Iowa Supreme Court decision Planned Parenthood v. Reynolds.
But on Wednesday, Feb. 23, Iowa’s version of Roe v. Wade will face an oral argument challenge before a new group of State Supreme Court justices.
This is a very, very big day for protecting babies in Iowa, for if the State Supreme Court reverses or alters Planned Parenthood v. Reynolds, it could pave the way for legislators to once again pass pro-life laws in our state.
Coalition member and attorney Chuck Hurley of The FAMiLY Leader will be there, seated before the Court to represent pro-life Iowans during the arguments.
And here are 5 ways in which YOU can get informed and involved, too:
- Learn: 60 Iowa legislators signed on to a brief, urging the Court to overturn Planned Parenthood v. Reynolds. The court will read and consider the brief before oral arguments even begin. You can learn more, or even read the brief yourself, here.
- Watch live: The Iowa Supreme Court will broadcast the oral arguments, from 9:00-9:45 a.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 23, through this link.
- Watch for analysis afterward: Coalition members, The FAMiLY Leader and Pulse Life Advocates, will be on site, even at the table in the courtroom, and will follow up with an insider’s analysis of what happened during the hearing – so keep an eye on TFL’s website and Coalition social media accounts following oral arguments! Pulse Life Advocates will provide updates on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Pray: Invite your family, your friends, your small group, and your church to join with you in praying for innocent life to be protected!
- Give: The Iowa Coalition of Pro-Life Leaders works non-stop to protect life in the womb in Iowa – at the Capitol, in the culture, and on Feb. 23, in the State Supreme Court chambers itself! Join our work by giving today!
Leave a Comment