At the state capital...
Pulse Life Advocates has been a leader in bringing forth pro-life legislation at the Iowa State Capitol. In fact, most of the early pro-life legislation can be credited to this organization. We are advocating for legislation during the session and providing education to our representatives to pass bills that will protect life.
The first legislative funnel passed this last week, and several pro-life bills made it through the committee process. Through the next four weeks, these bills will be placed on the calendar for debate in the House and Senate.
Here is a list of the bills that survived the funnel that Pulse registered in support:
- SF 2286 Conscience Protections for Healthcare Providers
- SF 2251 Expands Medicaid Coverage for One Year Post-Partum – passed Senate floor
- SF 2252 MOMS (More Options for Maternal Support) Program- passed Senate floor
- HF 2267 MOMS (More Options for Maternal Support) Program
- HF 2276 Requires Zoning of Maternity Homes as Residential Property
- HF 2617 Human Growth & Development to Include Life in the Womb
- HF 2363 Father’s Obligation to Pay for Expenses for the Mother’s Pregnancy and Birth
- HF 2395 Perinatal Hospice
- HF 2575 Defining an Unborn Child as a Person in the Iowa’s Criminal Code
- HF 2518 Provides for Civil Action for the Wrongful Death of an Unborn Child
There was one bill that also survived the funnel that Pulse was registered against:
- HF 2584 Over-the-Counter Birth Control Without a Prescription
The next legislative funnel will be March 16th.
LEGISLATION BLOG POSTS
Calling men of faith We’re at a watershed moment in history. A single piece of legislation, the Heartbeat Bill, has an opportunity to be a game-changer in our fight to save the lives of the pre-born. Iowa has now moved…
You can help stop human abortion at the point when the baby in the womb has a heartbeat. The Heartbeat Bill passed the Iowa Senate two weeks in a rare show of unanimity among Iowa Republicans in support of this…
The Iowa Fetus is becoming endangered. The replacement birthrate in the Hawkeye State has been below replacement level since 2009. The replacement birthrate in developed nations is 2.1 births per woman, but here in Iowa, the rate had dropped to…
[Here is a transcript of Kim Laube’s testimony before the Iowa Senate’s subcommittee on the Heartbeat Bill, SSB 3143, on February 8th.] I am Kimberly Laube, Director of Life Ministries for Lutheran Family Service. I direct the adoption agency and…
[Here is a transcript of Scott Valencia’s remarks before an Iowa Senate subcommittee in support of the proposed Heartbeat Bill legislation. Mr. Valencia is Executive Director of the NATURAL JOURNEY ALLIANCE and Chairperson of THE COALITION OF PRO LIFE LEADERS:] Good morning…
[Here is a transcript of Maggie Dewitte’s remarks before an Iowa Senate subcommittee in support of the proposed “Heartbeat Bill” legislation:] When death is determined In Iowa, death is determined when an individual has sustained irreversible cessation of circulatory or…
When does human life begin? Scientists state the obvious that it begins at conception. Even pro abortion advocates agree, as you can see in the video below. An adult, a teenager, a child, an infant, a fetus, an embryo, a…
We can't make all this happen without you
Help us protect the unborn and defenseless through education and action!