President Biden spoke at the Howard Theater yesterday where he vowed to codify Roe v Wade if voters deliver him majorities in both houses of Congress in next month’s midterm elections:
“In these midterm elections, it’s so critical to elect more Democratic senators to the United States Senate and more Democrats to keep control of the House of Representatives. And, folks, if we do that, here is the promise I make to you and the American people: The first bill that I will send to the Congress will be to codify Roe v. Wade. (Applause.) And when Congress passes it, I’ll sign it in January, 50 years after Roe was first decided the law of the land.”
This is his administration’s top issue. They’ve demonstrated their resolve by unleashing the full power of the Justice Department against pro-life activists at the same time they have left unresolved the 138 attacks on Catholic churches and pro-life groups since May.
Iowa Representative Cindy Axne votes lockstep with President Biden’s pro-abortion legislative wish list. Her opponent in this election cycle, Zach Nunn, opposes each and every single one, as does Charles Grassley on the Senate side.
Many voters don’t realize that abortion isn’t a single issue. It is many:
- It is always immoral to kill an innocent human being. We are human from the instant of fertilization. Therefore, each abortion is a grave evil.
- The party of abortion has pushed for taxpayer-funded abortion via Medicare for All and the Women’s Reproductive Health Act.
- The president’s party continually blocks born-alive legislation.
- They also want to remove conscience-protections and compel Catholic doctors and nurses, and other people of conscience to perform abortions or lose their jobs. Sadly, it happens.
- The president has already revoked the Mexico City policy, which prevents the U.S. government from using taxpayer dollars to export abortion to other countries. Under this president, we’re funding abortion internationally.
- Abortion is racist. Although Blacks represent by 13% of our population, they account for 35% of abortions, reducing their fertility rate below replacement levels. Some in the Black community call it ‘Black Genocide.’
So if President Biden and his party gain sufficient majorities in next month’s midterm elections, the five issues listed above not yet enacted could become a reality.
As you can see, your vote counts.
[Be sure to attend our Open House this Sunday, October 23rd, beginning at 5PM.]